Biometric and Digital Identity Market Intelligence
Acuity offers the following Market Analysis at no cost. Access to some of the material requires completion of a brief registration form.
All material copied or downloaded from the Market Analysis section of the Acuity website - including text and charts - are copyright protected and made freely available for individual review only. Content may be reproduced in print or electronic form so long as appropriate reference is given and the material is not sold or used as part of paid market research or analysis. Please contact Acuity to obtain permission to reproduce this material for any other use.
Also see the Media Coverage for Acuity interviews and trade publication articles.
Market ResearchBiometric Smartphone Update (Spreadsheet Data Only)
Provides details for all Biometric Smartphone Models introduced since Q1 2013. Data includes brand, model number, release date, OS, availability, price point, biometric sensor type, biometric vendor, biometric software provider,and links to model specs and reviews. A series of charts provides insight into the most important trends and findings drawn form the data. - See more at: http://www.acuity-mi.com/BSP.php#sthash.FpBjy8GV.dpuf. View the Spreadsheet Headers
The Global Biometrics and Mobility Report: The Convergence of Commerce and Privacy
Data driven analysis and insight into the worldwide opportunity for the development and deployment of mobile biometrics. This unique report offers critical perspective as it presents and evaluates the most important market data and dynamics driving the convergence of commerce and privacy at the crossroads of mobility and biometrics.
Automated Border Control (ABC) eGate Deployment List (Spreadsheet Data Only)
This list -- presented in spreadsheet format -- provides details for each known eGate deployment including the number of eGates, locations, installation date, vendors, what type of biometrics are used, what kind of token --if any -- is used, who quaifies, is registration requried, etc., as well as vendor market share information. View the Spreadsheet Headers
Automated Passport Control (APC) Kiosk Deployment List (Spreadsheet Data Only)
This list -- presented in spreadsheet format -- provides details for each known deployment including the number of kiosks, locations, installation date, vendors, costs, etc., as well as vendor market share information. View the Spreadsheet Header
The Global National eID Industry Report: 2014 Edition
A comprehensive view of the global, regional, and Country specific opportunity for the development of secure electronic National IDs. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2010 to 2015. Preview the Report
The Global Automated Border Control Industry Report: Airport eGates and Kiosks (2014)
A comprehensive view of the global and regional opportunities for the deployment of Airport ABC eGates and Kiosks. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2014 to 2018. Preview the Report
The Asia Pacific ePassport & eVisa Industry Report (2011)
A comprehensive view of the Regional opportunity for the development of secure electronic passport and visa documents. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2010 to 2015. Preview the Report
The Global ePassport & eVisa Industry Report (2010)
A comprehensive view of the worldwide opportunity for the development of secure electronic passport and visa documents. Opportunity Analysis and Market Forecasts 2010 to 2015. Preview the Report
The Future of Biometrics: (Revised 2009 Edition)
Groundbreaking research providing strategic insight into the evolution of the biometrics market through 2020 and forecasts through 2015.
Preview the Report
Biometrics: High Value Workforce Management (2008)
The critical role of biometric time and attendance to workforce management solutions. Download the white paper
back to top
Market ForecastsGlobal ABC eGate and Kiosk Market Forecast (2014) Global market forecast for ABC eGates and Kiosks deplpoyed at Airports, Land Borders, and Seaports.
Quantifying the ePassport Marketplace Summer 2010, re:ID Magazine
Worldwide ID Solutions Demand Curves (2009) Demand curves for the Public Sector and Commercial markets that will drive identification solutions market development.
Worldwide Integrated eBorders Solutions Market Forecast (2009) Forecast for the total market for integrated eBorders. This forecast includes all core biometric technology used in the eborders arena which includes the full scope of electronic and automated border control management as well as travel documents, transportation, border control and immigration worker IDs and expedited passenger systems.
Worldwide ID Solutions Value Chain Forecast (2009) This forecast uses mean values from publicly available biometric core technology forecasts to size the components of biometrically enabled identification solutions.
back to top
Market Development AnalysisMobile Market Research Brief
The ABCs of Mobility: Apple, Biometrics, and the promise of Consumer-Centric privacy
Mobile Biometric Market Brief: The Center of Gravity Has Shifted
Revolutionary Ideas: Advances in alternative biometric identification techniques are threatening US law enforcement agencies’ long-established reliance on AFIS (Oct/Nov 2008 P.47 )
Mobile Biometric Market Landscape: A model that provides insight into how the mobile biometric market will likely evolve.
Modeling Emerging-Technology Markets: A framework for understanding and exploiting the dynamics of technology adoption.
Market Development Methodology: An overview of the Acuity MDM© proprietary approach to identifying and targeting the most lucrative market opportunities.
Industry AnalysisYear in Review
Biometrics Market Overviews
- Roadmap to Ubiquity (Dec 2008)
- The New State of The Biometrics Market (Dec 2007)
- Biometrics Market Outlook 2004 (Jan 2004)
- Battle of the Biometrics (Nov/Dec 2003)
- The Identity Crisis - What Comes After the Post 9/11 Terrorism Hype? (Winter 2003)
- Biometrics Market: 911 Plus One (Sep 2002)
Vertical Industry and Application Analysis
- Identity Linlage: Biometrics and "True Compliance" (Apr/May 2005)
- Biometrics Comes of Age: From Core Technology to Identification Solutions (Jan/Feb 2005)
- Biometrics and Border Control: Beyond US VIST (Sept/Oct 2004)
- Towards Privacy Enhancing Applications of Biometrics (Jun/Jul 2004)
- Collision Course: Biometrics and (Digital) Rights Management (Mar/Apr 2004)
- Biometrics and Financial Services: "Show Me The Money" (Jan/Feb 2004)
- Battle of the Biometrics (Nov/Dec 2003)
- The Identity Crisis - What Comes After the Post 9/11 Terrorism Hype? (Nov 2003)
- Combating Identity Theft - Biometrics and Trusted Identity (2003)
- Waiting for the Windfall - Biometrics and the Government (2003)
- Biometrics in Healthcare - HIPAA and Beyond (2003)
- Biometrics and the Global Transportation Infrastructure (Winter 2002)
- Halt, who goes there? - Biometrics and the Enterprise (Oct 2002)
- I want my POS - Biometrics in Financial Services (July 2002)
- Whose Minding The Store? - Securing The World’s Food Supply (May 2002)
Technology Market Analysis
- Signature Recognition - Is The Pen Mightier Than The Finger, The Iris,
The Face...? (Dec 2002)
- Embedded Mobile Biometics - Is EMB The Industry's Future? (Sept 2002)
- Voice Authentication - The Bastard Child of Biometrics (Aug 2002)
Biometrics eUpdate Newsletter Archives
- New Year's Edition 2005
- eUpdate March 2005
- eUpdate June 2005
- eUpdate February 2007
- eUpdate March 2007
- eUpdate June 2007
- eUpdate September 2007
- eUpdate March 2008
- eUpdate April 2008
- eUpdate October 2008
- eUpdate August 2009
- eUpdate September 2009
- eUpdate October 2010
back to top
Currently editing: Encoding:
WebinarsBiometrics and the New Era of National Security and Border Control (June 2016)
Biometrics, Access Control and the Enterprise of Tomorrow (April 2016)
Mobile Revolution 2.0: Biometrics, Smartphones, IoT (March 2016)
Mobile Biometrics & Next Generation of Digital Identity (October 2015)
Biometrics, National ID and the Future of Global Identity (September 2015)
Mobile Biometrics: Redefining Digital Identity And Disrupting Global Commerce (September 2015)
The Global Automated Border Control Market: Airport eGates & Kiosks Forecasts & Analysis 2014 – 2018 (May 2014)
The Global Automated Border Control Market: Forecasts & Analysis 2014 – 2018 (February 2014)
The Mobile Biometric Landscape (November 2013)
THE FUTURE OF MOBILE ID – Mobile ID Industry Update (May 2013)
Global Market for National eIDs to reach $11 Billion Annually in 2013 (November 2011)
Joint Presentation with findBIOMETRICS - "The Future of Biometrics" (March 2011)
Originally presented at the NDIA Biometrics Conference in Arlington, VA where Acuity's Maxine Most and finbiometrics's Peter O'Neil participated in a dynamic panel on The Future of Biometrics.
- In "Back to The Future", Mr. O'Neil presents a unique data set based on industry perspectives he has gathered over the last eight years on the how the biometric has developed and uses them as a springboard to look ahead.
- In "Mobility Rules", Ms. Most focuses on the critical role mobile applications will play in biometric marke tevoltuion in .